Position Opening: Associate Director of Admissions for United Lutheran Seminary
Associate Director of Admissions
On July 1, 2017, United Lutheran Seminary will succeed the historic Gettysburg and Philadelphia Lutheran seminaries, retaining campuses in both locations while being served by a unified faculty and administration. As part of this transition, United Lutheran Seminary seeks a creative, energetic and hardworking individual to join the staff as Associate Director of Admissions.
The Associate Director of Admissions is a member of the Student Services and Enrollment staff, and, under the guidance of the Director of Admissions, supports the enrollment activities of ULS through representing the seminary to external audiences and providing timely and thorough follow-up to those interested in enrolling. A primary function of this position will be articulating the mission, programs, and culture of both campuses of ULS to ELCA constituents.
This position will be based out of the Gettysburg campus. Starting date is negotiable, but preference is no later than July 1, 2017.
A Bachelors degree is required; an MDiv or MA from an accredited seminary is preferred; 3+ years parish experience is preferred; previous experience in college or seminary admissions is helpful.
The review of applicants begins on May 5, 2017, and the search remains open until filled.
- Represent the seminary at events such as graduate school/job fairs, regional and national church events, synod assemblies, congregational events, Preaching with Power, alumni events, youth events, summer camp events, and other events as assigned by the Director.
- Tend to relationships with Region 8 synod staff and candidacy committees, campus ministry sites, outdoor ministry sites and parish pastors/congregations.
- Assist with all aspects of the recruitment process, including initiating phone and email contact with prospective students, and informing applicants of important dates and activities related to their application for admission and the financial aid process.
- Be proficient in the requirements of all programs and policies of the Seminary, and be able to articulate this information to prospective students and other external audiences.
- Meet with prospective students during campus visits, when available. Assist the Director with the planning and implementation of discernment events and group visit days on both campuses.
- Become familiar with Empower database and CRM (customer relations management) software currently in use.
- Assist the Director with annual Fund for Leaders scholarship process.
- In collaboration with Director, propose and develop new initiatives to benefit the positive public perception of the Seminary as a means of attracting new students and raising awareness of our certificate and degree programs.
- Take on other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Admissions or Vice President of Student Services and Enrollment.
- A Bachelors degree is required; an MDiv or MA from an accredited seminary is preferred; 3+ years parish experience is preferred; previous experience in college or seminary admissions is helpful.
- Theologically sound, articulate about vocation and discernment, committed to ecumenism and diversity.
- Detailed knowledge of ULS programs and policies, and familiarity with ELCA candidacy process.
- Advanced computer literacy and willingness to continue to expand abilities in this area is required; proficiency with MS Office including Excel and Word is required; experience with database management and CRM software is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Natural aptitude for hospitality; capable of working effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds; demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends is required.
Please send a letter of application, resume, and the contact information of three professional references to Elizabeth Meighan, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This search remains open until filled.
United Lutheran Seminary is an EEO employer. Please visit newschooloftheology.info to find out more about United Lutheran Seminary.