- Faculty & Staff
to the Office of the Registrar at The Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia.
Registration for Spring Semester 2014
(including January Term)
Is Now Open!
Deadline for on-time registration is Friday, December 13
$50 Late Registration Fee will be assessed for registrations submitted after this date
For registration, when a registration period is open, see below under "Registrar Announcements." Persons seeking to confirm your course registration or to view your course schedules or grades should log into Henry at https://henry.ltsp.edu. Printed schedules and grade reports will not be issued, except upon request. Contact Alice Popovic to request a printed grade report or student schedule. For assistance in using Henry, contact email@example.com or call 215.248.7385.
You may also contact our office about:
- Registration for courses (information below)
- Transcript requests
- Verification of Enrollment. Contact Alice Popovic via email or at 215-248-6302.
- Course transfers
- Course withdrawal. Send a message in writing prior to the midpoint of the semester to withdraw from a course. Withdrawal after the midpoint will result in your receiving a grade of F for the course and no refund of tuition.
- Required Forms
- Graduation information
- Academic Calendar 2013-14
- Tuition and Fees 2013-14
- Final Exams, Fall Semester 2013-14
All documents are in Adobe Acrobat format (requires FREE Adobe Reader)
New Course Extension Policy (Incompletes)
The following policy applies to all students at all levels, effective January 1, 2014: LTSP each instructor is entitled to formulate his/her own policy regarding whether or not extensions will be granted for outstanding coursework. However, for extensions longer than two weeks after the end of the term (which for Intensive courses is the final due date of course assignments), the student is to complete an “Extension Request” Form. Both instructor and student are to agree upon a reasonable new course completion date, ordinarily not to exceed three months beyond the end of the term, except in extreme circumstances when clear need is demonstrated. In no cases will coursework be accepted after more than a year has passed.
Registration for Spring Semester 2014 (including January Term) is now open. The on-time registration deadline is Friday, December 13; a $50 late registration fee will apply for all new registrations received after that date ($15 for late-registering auditors). The late registration fee does not apply to students who are registered for other January/Spring classes. To register, find your registration category below, and read the instructions related to your category.
Students who have already registered for a term but need to change their registrations must do so prior to the late registration (drop/add) deadline for the term (prior to the second meeting of any short-term course). There is no fee for adding or changing courses, though a $20 cancellation fee will be assessed for dropping a course without adding another in its place. Changes may be made online via Henry, via an email to the Registrar, or by submitting a Change of Registration form.
Dropping a course after the drop/add deadline is subject to the rules governing withdrawal. If you need to withdraw from a course, you must submit notification in writing to the Registrar; any refunds for which you are eligible will be based upon the date of receipt by the Registrar of your written notification. If you simply fail to attend or stop attending any course for which you are registered, the consequences will be your receiving a failing grade and being responsible for all course fees. In extreme circumstances (e.g., lengthy hospitalization), you may petition the Dean in writing for a late withdrawal to avoid receiving a failing grade; however, there can be no refund of any tuition or fees.
- First Theological Level - Use this set of materials if you have been formally admitted to one of the following programs: MDiv, MAR, MAPL, Certificate of Theological Study, Special Student, or Affiliated Student
- Advanced Level (Graduate School) - Use this set of materials if you have been formally admitted to one of the following programs: STM, DMin, PhD, or Advanced Graduate Certificate
- Non-Degree, Continuing Education, and Auditing Students - Use this set of materials if you have NOT been formally admitted to one of the above programs. Please be advised that study for credit at the seminary requires that you have earned at least a bachelor's degree
Blank First Theological Degree Audit Forms (pre-2013 curriculum)
Blank First Theological Degree Audit Forms (2013-14 curriculum)
- Black Church Concentration/Specialization Application
- Interfaith Studies Concentration/Specialization Application
- Latino Concentration/Specialization Application
- Metropolitan/Urban Concentration/Specialization Application
- Multicultural Ministry and Mission Concentration Application
- Public Leadership Concentration/Specialization Application
MAR Program Forms
- MAR Professional Ministry Track and Specialization Declaration Form (NEW CURRICULUM)
- MAR Theological Studies Track and Specialization Declaration Form (NEW CURRICULUM)
- MAR Senior Project Registration Form
- MAR Thesis 2 Registration Form
- MAR Comprehensive Examination Registration Form
- MAR Senior Project Guidelines
- MAR Thesis Guidelines
- MAR Comprehensive Exam Guidelines
- MAR Specialization Declaration Form (OLD CURRICULUM) (with requirements for individual specializations, except those listed above under Concentration Applications)
Other General Forms
- Request for Transcript
- Directory Information and Office Record Form File by September 30 each year
- Release authorization Facilitates release of grade reports and other required documents to synods and other judicatories; file especially if you are in ELCA candidacy
- Application for Graduation File by January 3 if completing degree requirements or seeking a Certificate of Study for completion of short program of study (including TEEM, Lutheran Year, or other specialized study)
Independent Study [First Theological Degree Level] Guidelines and registration form for MDiv, MAR, Special, and Certificate students; also to be used to register MAR Thesis proposals
Independent Study [Graduate School Level] Guidelines and registration form for STM, DMin, and PhD students
Registration and application for credit-by-examination ("test-out")- First theological students only
Application for program credit by course transfer or waiver - First theological students only
Request for Course Extension (i.e., to take an incomplete)
Enrollment Form Please submit this if reporting any changes (name, marital status, address, phone, email, denominational or church affiliation, etc.)
- Deferred Payment Plan Application Form
Credit Card Authorization Form if needed