- Faculty & Staff
Rest, Refreshment, and Renewal 2014
| Rest, Refresh 2014 main page |
| Download and share the save the date card | Register |
“The Thread that Binds: 150 Years of Women in Ministry”
is the theme for LTSP’s eighth annual
Rest, Refreshment, and Renewal Day for Women 2014
for all women, laity and clergy
Saturday, April 12, 2014
9:00 am-4:00 pm
Registration including refreshments and lunch is $45
Register now and join us for the eighth annual event on Saturday, April 12, 2014. As part of the celebration of The Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia's 150th anniversary, we invite all women - clergy and laity - to renew, reconnect, and refresh physically, emotionally, and spiritually in a day of fellowship and gathering. Invite your friends, colleagues and fellow church women to share this day.
Activities for the day include:
The panel will be comprised of women from various faith denominations who are doing something distinctive and dynamic in their ministries. They will talk about how their ministries have changed over the years, moving forward out of a male-dominated vocation to present, and reflect on the challenges and commonalities they share. An open discussion will follow.
- Bishop Claire Burkat (Bishop of the ELCA Southeastern Pennsylvania Synod)
- The Rev. Audrey Moody (Church of God in Christ, and member of the LTSP Board of Trustees)
- The Rev. Dr. Wil Gafney (Associate Professor of Hebrew and Old Testament, LTSP)
- The Rev. Tricia Neale (Pastor of St. John's Lutheran Church in the Mayfair section of Philadelphia and director of St. John's Feast of Justice Ministries)
Gatherings include to date:
- The Rev. Louise Johnson, Vice President for Mission Advancement, LTSP — "Women and Leadership"
- Dr. Eloise "Scotti" Scott — "Bible Stories on Strong Women"
- The Rev. Dr. Karyn Wiseman, Associate Professor of Homiletics; Director of United Methodist Studies, LTSP — "Women and Burnout/Stress"
- Gathering to tie fabric and thread bundles together to get them ready to ship to Lutheran World Relief.
There will be a commissioned quilt "The Thread That Binds" that will be at the event; those who attend can sign the back.
Register now for yourself, fellow church members and friends. Registration makes a perfect gift for the women important in your life - and a gift for you, too!