First Theological Programs Registration
This is the registration page for students who have been formally admitted as LTSP students in the MDiv, MAR, MAPL, Special, Certificate, or Affiliated programs.If you have not been admitted to one of these programs, click here for the registration page for Nondegree, Continuing Education, and Audit students.
Make sure your student account is paid up. Registration will not be permitted if you do not have clearance from the Business Office to register. If you fail to obtain clearance to register prior to the registration deadline, late registration fees will apply. Contact the Business Office to arrange to clear your account.
Obtain your advisor’s PIN: All students in first theological programs are required to consult their academic advisors and obtain the advisor’s approval of course selections prior to registering for the Fall and Spring Semesters. The advisor will then issue you a PIN by which to effect on-line registration. Note that advisor approval is normally not required for Summer Term registrations.
- If your advisor is on sabbatical and you are unsure who will advise you, contact Heidi Rodrick-Schnaath at 215-248-6312 or email@example.com.
- If you need assistance reaching an instructor, contact the Faculty Assistant, Rachel Zimmermann, at 215-248-7382 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register on-line via the Henry Online Student Information System
Make sure you have your Henry log-in ID and password and advisor PIN. Registrations must be submitted on-line by the announced, on-time registration deadline to avoid the $50 late registration fee.
- TIP 1: Because you can add (or drop and add) course registrations without penalty, register for at least one course you plan to take and add any problematic course(s) later.
- TIP 2: If, after clicking on “Add Courses,” you see a screen with a number of pull-down filters for accessing courses, DO NOT use those filters. Leave those unused and simply click on “Search” to get a list of all available courses. You can then click on all the courses for which you wish to register at one time.
- TIP 3: Most courses can be taken for both first theological and advanced-level credit. To earn first theological degree-level credit, you need to register for the version of the course without the “G” suffix on the course ID. If none exists, contact the registrar (email@example.com) to see if it is possible for you to take the course for MDiv/MAR-level credit. If you actually intend to register for a course with a “G” suffix because you are completing your first theological degree and beginning work on an STM, contact the registrar for assistance.
- TIP 4:You cannot register on-line for audits, independent studies, MAR theses, cross-registrations, and courses at partner institutions. See below!
- NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS: Before logging into Henry, please notify the Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you are ready to register. This gives us a chance to make sure your records are in order and that Henry is set up for your registration.
- Contact the LTSP Help Desk (email@example.com) if you need assistance logging in.
If your registration for one or more courses fails to go through, please note the reason presented in Henry for preventing your registration and relay that information to the Registrar. You will be advised whether your registration can be processed and if you have additional steps to take.
You cannot register on-line for independent studies, MAR theses, cross-registrations, and courses at partner institutions. Use the Special Course Registration Form, found under forms related to registration, to register these courses.
- Independent study requires both registration via the Special Course Registration Form and submission in hard copy of the separate Independent Study Request form, along with the required study proposal. Your registration via the Special Course Registration Form must be submitted by the announced, on-time registration deadline to avoid the late registration fee. The Independent Study Request form and attached study proposal may be submitted later, per the guidelines that accompany the form. Both the Special Course Registration form and the Independent Study Request Form are available under forms related to registration.
- Temple registrations (MAPL and other Public Leadership students): If you are a MAPL or other Public Leadership concentration/specialization student and will be taking a course or two at Temple University, be sure to register both at Temple AND at LTSP.
1. Register the course through Temple
2. Forward a copy of your Temple registration confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, use the Special Course Registration form described above under Independent Study.
3. Forward a copy of your Temple bill to the LTSP Business Office (email@example.com)
- Cross-registration: Courses at the Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg, Palmer Seminary, Temple Graduate Religion, and Reconstructionist Rabbinical College are generally eligible for cross-registration through LTSP. Check with the registrar at that school to make sure the course is open to you, and then use the Special Course Registration Form, found under forms related to registration, to register through LTSP. Payment for the course will be to LTSP at the regular LTSP tuition rate.
Other non-LTSP course offerings: You may also consider courses offered by other fully ATS-accredited seminaries, divinity schools, and graduate schools of religion. Such external courses should normally be free electives not available at LTSP. Submit a Request for External Course of Study form, available under forms related to registration, to obtain advance permission to take courses elsewhere. Please note that you must have the prior permission of the regular LTSP faculty member and the Dean to take a course elsewhere to fulfill a degree requirement.
Confirmation of your registration will be through the “Henry” on-line portal following your registration. You will be able to print your schedule from Henry.
Late registration is possible with payment of a $50 late fee until 4:00 pm on the late registration (drop/add) deadline. However, note any requirements that may exist for advance reading or preparation, which is common especially for short-term courses.