Take a Course
I Want to Take a Course at LTSP!
Adults of all educational and religious backgrounds are welcome to take courses at the seminary for personal and professional enrichment or to find out if seminary is right for you. Persons with at least a bachelor’s degree may take regular seminary courses for academic credit and/or personal/professional enrichment. Adults at all levels of prior education may engage in certificate programs or various other Adult Learning offerings, including the spring 2016 Seminars on Educational Ministry in Congregations. See below under the header that describes you for more details.
I Do Not Have a Bachelor’s Degree…
You can still select from many possible courses at LTSP that do not produce academic credits. What are your interests and vocational goals?
- Courses offered on Saturday mornings through the Urban Theological Institute (Black Church) can lead to certificates in Church Leadership or in Christian Ministry. For more information, contact the Rev. Dr. Quintin Robertson, Director, at qrobertson@Ltsp.edu or call 215.248.7324.
- Occasional noncredit courses and one-day seminars are offered through our Adult Learning offerings. For more information, contact Kathie Afflerbach, Coordinator, at kafflerbach@Ltsp.edu or call 215.248.6324. Recent offerings included:
- Americans, the Bible and the “Middle East” with Prof. David D. Grafton
- Seminars on Educational Ministry in Congregations – Seven one-day seminars/workshops on Saturdays, exploring various facets of educational ministries in congregations. Open to LTSP students, pastors, and Christian educators for academic credit, noncredit continuing education units, and audit. [Academic credit is available only upon completion of at least four of the seminars.]
- Regular Master of Divinity (MDiv)-level course offerings may sometimes be taken on an audit basis. Take a look at our course schedule and look for courses at the 400 level and below. If you are ready to register as an auditor, click here. [Note: TEEM students should register at the noncredit continuing education level.]
I Have a Bachelor’s Degree…
- All of the above options are available to you. In addition, you may take up to six of our MDiv-level courses (400 level and below) for academic credit before needing to apply to a degree or certificate program. This is a good way to “get your feet wet” if you are contemplating getting a certificate or degree sometime in the future. Take a look through our course schedules.
I Have an MDiv or Other First Theological Graduate Degree…
- Occasional non-credit courses and one-day seminars are offered through the Adult Learning offerings. For more information, contact Kathie Afflerbach, Coordinator, at kafflerbach@Ltsp.edu or call 215.248.6324.
- Most of our regular course offerings may be taken on an audit or continuing education basis. Take a look at our course schedule and look for courses at the 600 level and below. If you are ready to register as an auditor or for noncredit continuing education, click here.
- Our regular course offerings (600 level and below) may also be taken for full academic credit. You may complete up to two courses before needing to seek admission to a degree or certificate program. Courses may subsequently be applied to an STM or DMin degree or to an Advanced Graduate Certificate, should you decide to continue taking additional courses. Take a look at our course schedule. For registration information, click here. Contact Alice Popovic, Graduate School Administrator, at 215.248.7384 or email apopovic@Ltsp.edu for more information about our advanced-level courses and programs.
For more information, contact the admissions office at 215.248.7302 or admissions@Ltsp.edu