- Faculty & Staff
Advanced Level (Graduate School) Registration
Documents are in Adobe Acrobat format (requires FREE Adobe Reader)
This is the registration page for students who have been formally admitted as LTSP students in the STM, DMin, PhD, Advanced Graduate Certificate, or General Studies programs. If you have not been admitted to one of these programs, click here for the registration materials for Non-Degree, Continuing Education, and Auditing Students.
Registration for Summer Term 2014
Will Open Soon
Deadline for on-time registration is Friday, May 23
$50 Late Registration Fee will be assessed for registrations submitted after this date
A new course extension (incomplete) policy went into effect on January 1!! Click here to review the new policy, below.
What You Will Need:
- Your log-in name and password for Henry, the online student information portal. Contact the LTSP Help Desk (email@example.com or 215-248-7385) if you need assistance with this. Note: Henry is also the place to confirm your registration, check your grades, and review and pay your bill.
- Official Course Schedules - Refer to the published course schedule for a more complete overview of course options and what they entail than is available in Henry.
Except in rare cases, you should register only for courses with a "G" suffix (e.g., HCH235G, HTH804G). If a course you want to take is not shown in Henry with a course ID that has a "G" suffix, contact the registrar for assistance. [Courses lacking the "G" are intended for MDiv-level students. If you actually intend to register for a course at that level because you are not taking it toward your degree, contact the registrar for assistance.]
- Detailed prospecti or syllabi for any one-week intensive courses. These documents will generally convey daily schedules and advance preparation requirements.
- A paid-up student account. Registration requires prior clearance of any financial holds imposed by the Business Office or Library. Steps to obtain clearance must be completed by the published registration deadline to avoid incurring a $50 late registration fee. Contact Diana Downey (firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-248-6306) if you have problems or questions about your student account.
What You Might Need:
- Special Course Registration Form--For preliminary independent study registrations, partner school (e.g., Penn) courses, audit registrations, and any other courses not available for on-line registration.
- Independent Study registration form with guidelines. Submit this form only after you have developed your study proposal. If it's not ready by the registration deadline, use the Special Course Registration form, above, for your preliminary registration to meet the deadline.
- For guest housing, see http://ltsp.edu/january-intensive-2014-campus-housing-request-0. Contact Alice Popovic (215-248-7384 or email@example.com) for more information.
- Eby Scholarship information
- Deferred Payment Plan Application Form
- Credit Card Authorization Form. You can also pay your bills online in Henry or by submitting a check to the Business Office, payable to "LTSP."
- Application for Graduation. Please submit this form no later than January 3 of the year in which you hope to graduate. Submit this form even if you are not SURE you will graduate; it will better equip us to help you move toward graduation and keep you apprised of Commencement plans.
Registration for most courses is through the Henry student web portal. Contact the LTSP Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need assistance accessing the web portal. Contact the Registrar (email@example.com) if you encounter problems relative to online registration (prerequisites not met, permissions required, etc.).
Note that independent studies, cross-registration courses, continuing education courses, and audits cannot be registered via Henry. Use the Special Course Registration Form for this purpose.
Please note the following enrollment restrictions:
- Courses below the 600 level are available to STM and DMin students only as "upgrades." Upgrades are appropriate only in courses taught by faculty with a PhD degree or nearing the completion thereof. You will need to negotiate the upgrade with course instructor; the normal expectation is a bibliography of at least 10 books and writing assignments equivalent to a 30-to-35-page paper. Remember to look for course IDs with the "G" suffix when registering!
- 600-level courses are open to all STM and DMin students. PhD student may take such courses only by negotiating upgrade requirements with the instructor and Director of Graduate Studies.
- 700-level courses are open only to DMin students.
- 800-level courses are open only to PhD students or to STM students who have completed at least 4 courses with a GPA of 3.3 or higher OR who have permission of the Director of Graduate Studies.
- 900-level courses are open only to PhD students.
Once the on-time registration deadline has passed, all new registrations will incur a $50 late registration fee. The late registration fee does not apply if you are simply adding a course to previously registered Summer classes. Late registration is possible until the late registration (drop/add deadline): generally the first day of any Summer course.
After you submit your initial registration, you may change your registration at any time until the published late registration/drop/add deadline (see above). Changes may be made online via Henry or by sending an email to the Registrar. There is no fee for adding or changing courses, but a $20 cancellation fee will be assessed for dropping a course without adding another in its place.
Registration of STM theses or oral examinations, DMin projects, or PhD dissertations may be submitted at any time and are not subject to term registration deadlines. See the program manual for your degree for appropriate forms and instructions.
If you are actively working on a thesis, project or dissertation and need to be counted as half-time or full-time for student loan, health insurance, or other purposes, please be sure to let us know of that need, using the form available from the Grad Studies Office. You will need to have registered your thesis, project, or dissertation to qualify.
Dropping a course after the drop/add deadline is subject to the rules governing withdrawal. If you need to withdraw from a course, you must submit notification in writing to the Registrar; any refunds for which you are eligible will be based upon the date of receipt by the Registrar of your written notification. If you simply fail to attend or stop attending any course for which you are registered, the consequences will be your receiving a failing grade and being responsible for all course fees. In extreme circumstances (e.g., lengthy hospitalization), you may petition the Dean in writing for a late withdrawal to avoid receiving a failing grade; however, there can be no refund of any tuition or fees.
Other Forms and Information
- Enrollment Form - Please submit this with first-time registration or if reporting any changes (name, marital status, address, phone, email,denominational or church affiliation, etc.)
- 2013-14 Tuition and Fees
- 2013-14 Academic Calendar
- Registration Form - Blank form for registering for courses; use only if your situation does not permit your registering on-line (consult Registrar)
Other forms and materials, including fees, graduation information, etc., are available on the Registrar's home page.
At LTSP each instructor is entitled to formulate his/her own policy regarding whether or not extensions will be granted for outstanding coursework. However, for extensions longer than two weeks after the end of the term (which for Intensive courses is the final due date of course assignments), the student is to complete an “Extension Request” Form. Both instructor and student are to agree upon a reasonable new course completion date, ordinarily not to exceed three months beyond the end of the term, except in extreme circumstances when clear need is demonstrated. In no cases will coursework be accepted after more than a year has passed.If you have a problem with the online materials, please contact Registration (firstname.lastname@example.org)