- Faculty & Staff
Setting up and managing your LTSP email account
Email accounts are set up for all employees and enrolled students of LTSP. If you have not received information about your email account, please contact the Help Desk.
To change your password, log in to webmail.
- Once you are logged in to your account via webmail, click your email address in the upper right corner of the page.
- Select "Account Settings" from the drop down list.
- Click the first link "Changing Your Password"
- A page will load that ask for your "username", "Old Password" and "Your new Password" entered twice. (Passwords must be from 10 to 40 characters in length. Only digits 0-9 and letters A-Z (upper- or lowercase) are allowed. Passwords are case-sensitive!)
- Click the "Change your Password" button and you will get a confirmation page that your password was successfully changed.
- Please note that this process will only change your LTSP Email password.
- Any problems contact the Help Desk.
You may receive mail sent to your LTSP account in three ways. There is not one "best" solution; your choice should depend on your own situation.
- Webmail. You may click here. (A link is in the Quad area of the website - click The Quad tab in the upper right corner of any Ltsp.edu page.) This is a good choice if you do not already have an email account you use regularly, or you want to be able to read your mail from different computers.
- Access via mail client. You can set up an email client software to read your email on your computer. This is a good option for those who already use and are comfortable with a particular email program. LTSP supports and will answer questions about Thunderbird. Other popular, but unsupported, software includes Outlook and Entourage.
Newer versions of Thunderbird will attempt to automatically configure your settings. We suggest following Google's recommend settings for Thunderbird, found at this page. For additional assistance contact the Help Desk.
- Forward your email. If you already have an email account and don't wish to keep your seminary email separate, you can just forward your email. After logging into webmail, click on the gear in the upper right corner next to your email address. Select "Mail Settings" and then Forwarding from the menu across the top of the page. Please be aware that, while forwarding email usually works well, it does introduce another step into the delivery process. We have no control over any issues that may cause your mail not to be delievered once it is passed on by our server.
- Auto-reply aka "Vacation Message" To set or remove your vacation message, login to webmail and click on the gear in the upper right corner next to your email address. Select "Mail Settings" and then select the general option from the menu across the top and scroll down the page to "Vacation responder"