Positions at LTSP:
LTSP is an excellent place to work. The seminary’s park-like campus in the Mt. Airy section of Northwest Philadelphia is convenient to both Septa Chestnut Hill East and Chestnut Hill West lines. The Septa Route 23 bus stops at the seminary’s door, and commuting by auto is convenient from many main roads.
- As a member of the Eastern Cluster of Lutheran Seminaries, the Cluster at times offers joint positions based at one of the cluster seminaries.
|Position||Description||How to Apply|
|Part-Time Security Officer|
View a pdf version of this position description
|The Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia is seeking part-time security officers for its campus in the Mt. Airy section of Philadelphia. Candidates must have at least one year of security, military, law enforcement, or civilian experience. Candidates should have certification in CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation), use of an AED (automatic external defibrillator), and basic first aid, or have the capability of attaining the aforementioned certifications within six months of initial assignment.|
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Walking patrol of the seminary’s 14-acre campus
- Utilize two-way radios
- Respond to fire and burglar alarm activations
- Prepare incident/information reports and daily activity logs
- Monitor closed-circuit television surveillance system
- Monitor dormitory and learning center access control system
- Conduct parking lot inventories and surveys
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, and work varied hours per week (days to be determined).
|Resumes will be accepted through November 1, 2015. Submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to LTSP, Human Resources, 7301 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19119. LTSP is an EOE.|