LTSP Notes: November 2014
The Rev. Dr. David D. Grafton, Director of Graduate Studies and Associate Professor of Islamic Studies and Christian-Muslim Relations
- Attended the annual editorial board meeting as the North American Section editor of Christian-Muslim Relations: A Bibliographic History 1600-1900 in Selly Oak, England from 29 September – 1 October.
- Led students from the Introduction to Public Theology course with Dr. Jon Pahl to visit the Masjidullah Juma’a prayer service on Friday, 24 October.
- Presided and preached at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Newark, DE, and led an adult forum on “Muslim reactions to Islamic Radicalism” on Sunday, 16 November.
- Attended the Middle East Studies Association annual meeting in Washington, DC, 22-25 November.
The Rev. Dr. Karyn L. Wiseman, Associate Professor of Homiletics and Director of United Methodist Studies
- November 2 – Preached at Reformation Lutheran in Pennsylvania, PA
- November 8 – Keynote speaker at 60th anniversary for UCC/Presbyterian pastor in Norristown, topic “Creating a New Church for a New Day”
- November 9 – Preached at Historic St. George’s UMC in Philadelphia, PA, oldest United Methodist church building in the country. Francis Asbury and Thomas Coke both preached in the same pulpit (photos below.
- November 16 – Preaching at Atonement Lutheran Church in Syracuse, NY for their Consecration Sunday.
- November 18 – “Preaching Advent” Workshop for ELCA pastors at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in King of Prussia, PA
- November 30 – Preaching at Reformation Lutheran in Pennsylvania, PA