- Faculty & Staff
Admissions Application - MAPL (Master of Arts in Public Leadership)
Master of Arts in Public Leadership
Please read this carefully before completing your application form.
- Answer all questions completely.
essay should be
typewritten on 8.5 x 11 white paper, double-spaced, three to five pages
long, you may send the essay to admissions@Ltsp.edu. Please include:
- How faith forms your sense of
vocation and how you envision your faith relating to public leadership.
- What preparation do you bring to this course of study? Be specific about previous academic work, volunteer
experience, and employment that prepared you to benefit from this course
- What do you hope to gain from your
study of Public Leadership? Identify your vocational goals and the way in
which you expect your study of Public Leadership to help you realize
- How faith forms your sense of vocation and how you envision your faith relating to public leadership.
course of study using
the format provided in the application, outline your ideal program of
study, identifying potential courses from LTSP and partner institutions
(Fox School of Business, Temple University School of Social Work, etc.)
as well as potential field work sites that would best support your
- Provide three letters of reference.
Letters should be signed and sent directly to the Admissions Office.
- Vocational reference. A person who
has served as a mentor in public leadership and who can speak to your
ability to succeed in such a vocation.
- Academic reference. A professor
with whom you have studied or, if you have been out of school for several
years, a work supervisor or someone capable of addressing your academic
- Personal reference. A person who
knows you well (other than a relative) and can speak to your personal
- Vocational reference. A person who has served as a mentor in public leadership and who can speak to your ability to succeed in such a vocation.
- Submit transcripts from all
post-high school academic work. Transcripts must be issued directly to the
Admissions Office or be official, sealed copies from the registrar.
- Attach a check or money order for $40.00, payable to The Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia or use the link to the online shopping cart on the thank you page following submission.