- Faculty & Staff
Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Grant Me a Grant! resources
This engaging workshop was an opportunity to explore different sides of the grant process — how to avoid obvious wastes of time, and how to maximize your efforts. You’ll take away some foundational knowledge of the grant-seeking process, and how to verify a good “fit” between proposal and purpose.
Here are some resources from the workshop for you to download and use:
- Philadelphia Youth Network Grant example (pdf)
- Grant Information-as provided by Philadelphia Foundation (pdf)
- Application to a foundation-from Project HOME (pdf)
- Chestnut Hill Health Care Foundation proposal (pdf) (now Green Tree Community Health Foundation)
- Fundraising Fundamentals Guidebook available online (pdf)
- Grant Writing 101 by Darlene Tart: download as pdf or Powerpoint Darlene Tart is Special Initiatives Coordinator, Administration for Children and Families – Region III, DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES, email Darlene.Tart@acf.hhs.gov or phone (215) 861-4060
Beatriz "Bia" Viera, Vice President for Philanthropic Services at The Philadelphia Foundation, was keynote presenter, along with a team of accomplished grant-writers and peers in the social service and ministry sectors.
Beatriz “Bia” Vieira is Vice President for Philanthropic Services of The Philadelphia Foundation, where she oversees the community foundation’s grantmaking process. The Philadelphia Foundation disperses over $20 million in grants funded by the foundation’s donors. She joined the Foundation in 2008, and in 2010 took her current position, which was new to the foundation.
Previously, Ms. Vieira was the executive director of Lutheran Settlement House, and she sits on the board of directors of the Homeless Assistance Fund, Inc. and the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
A native of Sao Paulo, Brazil, Ms. Vieira holds a bachelor’s degree in Spanish and anthropology and a master’s in literature from Temple University.