- Faculty & Staff
Merit Scholarships and Awards
see some recent scholarship awardees
- MDiv, MAR, and MAPL Students: Newly admitted and enrolled part time students in the MDiv, MAR, and MAPL programs are eligible for an Eby Scholarship. Newly admitted students who register for two or more courses will receive a grant of $600.00 for each of the first two semesters of study (for a total of $1200.00).
- STM and DMin (Graduate) Students: The Eby Scholarship for Graduate Studies students in the STM and DMin programs are available to any new or current part time matriculated Graduate student. Student qualification is determined by and through application available in the Graduate School offices. A $200.00 Grant will be awarded for one registered course, and $500.00 for two registered courses.
A number of Philadelphia scholarships are awarded to incoming first professional students each year. The scholarships are given to students who have outstanding academic credentials, who write well, and who demonstrate exceptional potential for ministry. These scholarships provide full tuition plus a book allowance and fees (including health insurance for the individual student). They are renewable for up to six semesters by maintaining a 3.5 grade point average (GPA).
JOHN COLE GULICK MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIPS and
THE REDEEMER LUTHERAN CHURCH, IRVINGTON, NEW JERSEY, FUND
These generous scholarship funds provide up to full tuition assistance to a number of incoming first professional students who demonstrate exceptional potential for ministry. They are renewed for up to six semesters by maintaining a 3.3 GPA.
Note: For the two scholarships listed above, the financial aid committee uses the admissions application to make its decisions. No special application or nomination is required. All applications that include a transcript with a 3.5 GPA (or its equivalent) or above are automatically considered for these scholarships.
A number of Presidential scholarships are awarded to incoming first professional students whose strong potential for ministry is demonstrated by a record of service to the church and/or community. These scholarships range from $500 to $4,000, are given at the discretion of the financial aid committee, and are not renewable.
These awards are given annually by vote of the faculty. See the catalog for details and eligibility requirements.
- The Paul J. Hoh Awards (four)
- The Traci L. Maul Award
- The Roy L. Winters and Sarah Strober Winters Scholarship
- The Karl Elser Wurster Memorial Award
- The Ted C. Womer Leadership Award
- The Dr. and Mrs. William Reifsnyder Leadership for Mission Scholarship Fund
- The Atonement-Asbury Park Preaching Award
- The LeRoy Aden Scholarship in Pastoral Care
- UTI Book and Merit Awards
- The Rev. Dr. Joseph Q. Jackson Scholarship Award