- Faculty & Staff
Contribute to the Slovak Wall of Remembrance and Honor
Recently installed and dedicated at The Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia (LTSP), the “Slovak Wall of Remembrance and Honor” recalls and gives thanks to God for the lives of sacrifice and ministries of pastors who have served the Slovak community in North America since the beginning of Slovak immigration. LTSP, established in 1864, has been a significant center for the training and formation of Slovak pastors for almost a century. Recognizing this important aspect of its ministry. the seminary has set aside space in its newly constructed Brossman Learning Center to remember and honor all who were part of the ministry to and among Slovaks in North America from the late 19th Century to today.
A large, imposing plaque bears the names of over 30 such persons. More will be added as sponsors for another 50 or so persons are found from among friends, families, congregations, and Slovak-related organizations.