- Faculty & Staff
Speakers Bureau: The Rev. Dr. Martin J. Lohrmann
This listing is provided by the individual listed, and each speaker, unless otherwise indicated, is not connected with The Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia or the Muhlenberg 300 committee. Arrangements with speakers are between the speaker and your organization.
The Rev. Dr. Martin J. Lohrmann
- 8300 Germantown Ave.
- Philadelphia, PA 19118
- Phone (day): 215-247-4233
- Phone (evening): 215-248-4034
- Organization: Christ Ascension Lutheran Church
- Presentation Title: A Pious Argument: Studying H.M. Muhlenberg's Conflict with Lukas Rauss
- Presentation Description: In a long letter to his colleagues, Henry Muhlenberg refuted accusations of false teaching raised by another pastor within the Ministerium, Lukas Rauss of York. Personally and professionally insulted by this accusation, Muhlenberg expressed his conviction that "lies, libels, and hypocrisy" should not be allowed to go unchallenged in the Ministerium. The letter therefore presents a unique example of Muhlenberg's theology, leadership, and rhetorical skills. Determined to uphold Christian love and truth throughout, Muhlenberg also did a forceful job of making his argument. The broader theme of how to debate serious issues remains an important one for religious and social conversations today.
- Technology needed: none
- Charge for presentation (if any) Negotiable