- Faculty & Staff
- Is God calling you to become a leader in the church?
- Do you feel called to study theology but are not yet sure which program is right for you?
- Do you have a hunch that God is calling you to something new?
LTSP offers several ways to reflect on these questions
April 26, 2014
June 19, 2014
|Feb. 7-9, 2014||At your
March 20, 2014
April 26, 2014
June 19, 2014
(Open to anyone interested in degree, certificate, or lay theological education opportunities)
Come and See what is available for you at LTSP! Prospective Student Day events are open to anyone interested in lay theological education opportunities, certificate, Master of Arts in Religion, Master of Divinity, Doctor of Ministry, Master of Sacred Theology, or Doctor of Philosophy. Whether you are a lay leader in your congregation who is interested in learning more about the bible, the church's traditions and leadership, or you feel called to serve the church and the world as a public minister of the gospel or as professor at a seminary, we offer education opportunities for you. Please join us for refreshments; conversation with students, faculty and staff; and information about education opportunities, financial aid and admission processes. [register online]
February 7-9, 2014
This is your chance to get your feet a little bit wet with what it’s like to live on a seminary campus. It’s for anyone who is thinking about earning a seminary degree, and we still have space available for you. The “Wet Toes Weekend” is a great way to get a taste of what seminary life is like. We are here to accompany you as you live through your adventure of discerning how you will respond to the invitation of Jesus to “come and see” where and how it is that God is calling (John 1:39 – the theme of this gathering).
Here is your opportunity to…
- Experience support from others who are also trying to figure out where God is calling
- Meet seminary faculty and be part of three powerful presentations that will be similar to seminary classes
- Get to know and talk with some wonderful people who are now students at LTSP; find out what their “seminary adventures” have been like
- Join in the worship and devotional life of the seminary
- Share in great meals and stimulating conversation
- Discover life in the Mt. Airy section of Philadelphia (where LTSP is located) and the thriving metropolis of Center City Philadelphia
- Explore your future with others who are experiencing questions similar to your own
- Know that the church supports you as you explore your sense of call
- Find out about resources that make a seminary education affordable and hear about other helpful resources for your discernment journey
And…we will have fun!
You Are Our Guest
LTSP will provide housing and meals while you are on campus. In some cases, we are able to assist with transportation costs as well. The registration fee of $25 is your only cost for the weekend..
Those who have earned or are in the process of earning an undergraduate degree are invited to attend. [register online]
(For prospective students who are interested in sitting in on classes, visiting with students, faculty and staff, and experiencing a day in the life of the seminary.)
Are you called to ministry? Are you looking for a place to learn and grow in faith? Are you considering attending seminary and want to find out more about admissions, financial aid, classes and seminary life? We are glad to work with you to schedule a personal visit that meets your individual needs. [register online]