Registration and Course Information
For information on 2017-18 courses to be offered by the United Lutheran Seminary (opens July 1, 2017), see http://my.uls.edu/registrar/.
Registration is currently open for Summer 2017. The on-time registration deadline for courses of the Summer Term (if you register using Henry, they are listed under the Spring Semester 2016-17) is Friday, May 12. However, if your Spring financial aid/student loan is contingent upon your Summer course(s), they must be registered no later than the Spring late registration deadline (February 15). See below for registration details.
- Find Your Registration Category
- Registration Problems
- Confirmation of Registration
- Late Registration
- Adding and Dropping Courses
- Withdrawal from Courses
- Course Schedules
- Course Prospecti
- Final Exam Schedules
- Forms Related to Registration
- Request for Course Extension (incomplete)
Find Your Registration Category
If registration is open for a term and you wish to register, first choose the registration category appropriate to you:
- First Theological Level – Use this set of instructions and materials if you have been formally admitted to one of the following programs at LSTP: MDiv, MAR, MAPL, Certificate of Theological Study, Special Student, or Affiliated Student (non-STM)
- Advanced Level (Graduate School) – Use this set of instructions and materials if you have been formally admitted to one of the following programs at LTSP: DMin, STM, PhD, or Advanced Graduate Certificate.
- Non-Degree, Continuing Education, and Auditing Students – Use this set of instructions and materials if you have NOT been formally admitted to one of the above programs. Please be advised that studying for credit at the seminary requires that you have earned at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Students seeking to register for courses in one of the Urban Theological Institute’s Saturday morning certificate programs should contact Dr. Quintin Robertson (firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-248-7324) for more information.
Contact the Registrar if you have unusual issues relative to registration (pre-requisites not met, permissions required, etc.) that prevent your registration from going through.
- Note that independent studies, theses/projects/exams, cross-registration courses (available at Reconstructionist Rabbinical College and the Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg), MAPL courses taken at Temple, and PhD courses at partner schools cannot be registered via Henry, the online student information portal. See the instructions on the web page for your registration category (see above) to register these courses.
Confirmation of your registration, for most students, will be through the “Henry” on-line portal following your registration. You will be able to print your schedule from Henry.
A late registration fee of $60 will be assessed for failure to adhere to the on-time registration deadline. For purposes of meeting the on-time registration deadline, the effective date of registration is the earliest of
- Your registration in Henry for at least one course that is successfully registered (i.e., not shown as pending), or
- Receipt in the Registrar’s Office of written consent from an instructor whose consent is required for you to complete registration for a course, or
- Receipt in the Registrar’s Office of written notification that you have attempted to register for a course but that an error message prevents your registration or that your registration can only be processed as pending. The content of any message concerning your registration must be included in your message, or
- Receipt in the Registrar’s Office of written notification from the Business Office or other responsible office that a hold preventing your registration has been released.
Dropping and Adding Courses (Registration Changes)
Those who have already registered for a term may change their registrations anytime prior to the late registration (drop/add) deadline. Consult the Academic Calendar for Fall and Spring semester late registration (drop/add) dates. The deadline for all short-term courses is prior to the second class meeting.
There is no fee to add a course, but a $30 course cancellation fee will be assessed for dropping a course after the on-time registration deadline. Changes may be made online via Henry, via an email to the Registrar, or by submitting a Drop/Add (Registration Change) form.
Withdrawal from courses
Dropping a course after the drop/add deadline is subject to the rules governing Withdrawal (see Policies). If you need to withdraw from a course, you must submit notification in writing to the Registrar. Any refunds for which you are eligible will be based upon the date of receipt by the Registrar of your written notification.
- If you simply fail to attend a course or stop attending any course for which you are registered and do not notify the Registrar in writing, the consequences will be your receiving a failing grade and being responsible for all course fees.
Final Exam Schedule
Fall 2016 Semester
Instructors of courses without an examination listed will make their own arrangements for examinations and/or use alternate means of evaluation.